Health Benefits Attributed to Rose Flower Tea
- It Improves the Skin: Rose petals are a very rich source of Vitamin A, C, and E which can help hydrate and tighten the skin, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles. Roses also contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which make the tea cure for various skin conditions including, acne.
- It Uplifts Your Mood: The naturally uplifting quality of rose tea helps people who are feeling down, depressed, or overly stressed. It also balances stress hormones and calms down the nervous system.
- It Relieves Respiratory Distress: Rose tea soothes the respiratory tracts, lungs, and throat, such as when you have a cold, flu, bronchitis, or another condition that affects the respiratory system. It also helps to expel mucus and phlegm, which is where bacteria and other pathogens can thrive.
- It Boosts the Immune System: Rose tea is high in Vitamin C, which is an essential part of our immune system because it stimulates the production of white blood cells and functions as an antioxidant, effectively lowering oxidative stress (see below).
- It Lowers the Risk of Chronic Disease: One of the major causes of chronic diseases is oxidative stress. This is caused by free radicals, the natural byproducts of cellular metabolism that can cause healthy cells to mutate. By increasing the number of antioxidants in our body, including myrcene, quercetin, and myrcene from rose tea, it is possible to lower your risk of experiencing these chronic conditions.
- It Alleviates Sleep Disorders: Rose tea eases stress and regulates hormones related to the Circadian Rhythm and sleep patterns. If you suffer from insomnia, or regularly have disturbed or interrupted sleep, try rose tea before going to bed.
- It Improves Digestion: The antibacterial properties of Rose tea work on any infections in the gastrointestinal tract or gut. It can help to rebalance the microflora in the intestines and relieve digestive issues, such as constipation, cramping, bloating or diarrhea. That being said, rose tea can also act as a laxative, particularly if you drink more than 2 cups per day.
- It Detoxifies the Body: The active ingredients in rose tea can help to improve liver function and increase urination. As a natural diuretic, it can relieve fluid retention, in case you are holding water, while also speeding the release of toxins from the body.
The Rose tea has a delicate rose fragrance that smells like a cup of fresh roses. The flavour can be described as subtly floral and slightly tangy or fruity.